About Rahti Gorfien:
As a struggling actor and standup comic, I used to start support groups for myself around writing, getting to auditions, etc. I really liked Julia Cameron’s ‘The Artists Way’ and worked through that book 3 times…once solo and twice in groups I formed with friends. Speaking of groups, I also started a Wishcraft Team inspired by Barbara Sher that collectively resulted in a yoga business, a book store and a DJ. I seemed to have a gift for facilitating change.
Finally I knew it was the right business to pursue because one day my husband said “You’re good at this stuff. Start charging.” And since I was burning out on cooking, temping and a myriad of other serial day jobs, I took his advice.
In retrospect, the diversity of my background is clearly a key element in the evolution of my coaching style. As an actor, playwright, standup comic, private cook, company manager, restaurant hostess and adoptive parent, I can accurately say that I’ve experienced life from many enriching perspectives. I even spent several years as a full-time yogini living at an ashram in Pennsylvania! If you haven’t guessed by now, I’m a seeker, and as a result my approach is both humorous and compassionate. As for street cred in terms of days and hours, in addition to having become a professionally certified coach, I have been helping individuals realize their creative, vocational, and personal potential since 1990. So bring it.
Certifications, Degrees, and Experience:
- Professional Certified Coach, PCC
- ACCG Accredited ADHD Coach by the ADD Coach Academy
- Career Specialty Services Provider (CSS)
- CCC, “Creativity Coaching Training” taught by Eric Maisel, Ph.D., the founder of this highly respected program for coaches who want to work effectively with artists in all mediums.
- Member ICF, IAC
- Speaking Appearances include Sarah Lawrence MFA Writing Program, Momasphere, The Actors Center, Curves for Women
- NYU Tisch School of the Arts
- 30 years experience as an actress in New York City
- Online contributor for Momasphere, Sanemoms, and Advice Columnist for Park Slope Parents.
- Host of Radio Rahti Radio Free Brooklyn
- As a playwright, my play When It Rains, was sited by Backstage as one of the best plays of 2004 in their end-of-year round-up.